Do you ever feel like your work calendar could use a cup of coffee? The calendar, as a business and an organisation tool, often comes to your rescue as your source of punctuality and productivity. But over the course, the schedule that once worked for you, might need a few tweaks and a revived approach. To get the most out of your calendar, try these tips:
- Aim to accomplish smaller tasks by the hour will help set a momentum to your workflow and you’ll get a boost of satisfaction knowing you’ve successfully completed tasks.
- Have you been delaying certain decisions? Experiment with your approach towards the decision-making process by changing the designated hours, or by allotting a shortened period.
- Set aside a few free hours every week. You can use these to complete the pending tasks.
- Do all your days or weeks look the same? If so, add some variety to the mix by swapping certain tasks.
- Meetings can overload your diary, so take a day or a few hours off from them.
The above leadership tip...
was sent in response to a question from a participant on our acclaimed 10/10 leadership development and mentoring programme. Whether you're a first time manager or an experienced leader, straightforward, practical advice on best practice is hard to find. Until now. To find out how you, your team or your organisation can benefit, please join us on our next complimentary webinar or contact us.
For more tips...
on leadership and management good practice, subscribe to a Minute with Montgomery on 10TV.