Emotional intelligence can be strengthened over time with commitment and discipline. But those who most need to develop it often realise that too late. So here are some telltale signs that you need to work on your emotional intelligence:
- You get impatient and frustrated when you think that others don’t get to the point soon enough.
- You’re surprised when others are sensitive to your comments or jokes, and you think they’re overreacting.
- You think being liked at work is overrated.
- You weigh in early with your opinions and stand behind them no matter what.
- You hold others to the same high expectations you hold for yourself.
- You find others are to blame for most of the issues on your team.
- You find it annoying when others expect you to know how they feel.
The above leadership tip...
was sent in response to a question from a participant on our 10/10 leadership development and mentoring programme. Whether you're a first time manager or an experienced leader, straightforward, practical advice on best practice is hard to find. Until now. To find out how you, your team or your organisation can benefit, please join us on our next complimentary webinar or contact us.