The coronavirus outbreak has rapidly changed the way we live, work and socialise and has brought with it new pressures and stress. What toll does this take on the workforce?
Mental health professionals have spoken out across the media to share their experiences during the pandemic. They’re adapting to new frameworks and working with individuals suffering with heightened anxiety and grief. Encouragingly, people are also becoming more creative in how they reach out to others and exhibiting kindness to those more vulnerable. Amongst others, the professionals have shared these tips for protecting your mental health during the lockdown:
- Establish a daily routine.
- Build physical and emotional reserves through exercise, sleep, good nutrition and hydration.
- Stay connected to people in your community using the many online platforms available.
- Separating is just as important as connecting. Maintain boundaries if living in a household with others, like taking a break from each other.
- Don't put too much pressure on yourself. These are abnormal times, so practise self-compassion and kindness towards yourself.
- Reach out. Speaking to someone can help ease anxieties and worries.
HOW TO THRIVE IN THESE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES
As part of the government's business support package announced last week, we have been awarded funding to deliver our acclaimed 10/10 leadership development and mentoring programme "live and online" to help those now working from home. This 10-week cyclical programme offers cutting-edge insights into change, resilience, wellbeing, motivation, teams, communication, strategy, influencing, effectiveness and self-awareness. READ MORE
The above leadership tip...
was sent in response to a question from a participant on our acclaimed 10/10 leadership development and mentoring programme. Whether you're a first time manager or an experienced leader, straightforward, practical advice on best practice is hard to find. Until now. To find out how you, your team or your organisation can benefit, please join us on our next complimentary WEBINAR or CONTACT us.
For more tips...
on leadership and management good practice, subscribe to a Minute with Montgomery on 10TV.
Looking for a first-class speaker...
William Montgomery, Founder and CEO of TEN, is in demand to speak at events and conferences and usually achieves the highest ratings and accolades. To make a speaking enquiry for your next event, whether online, in-house or in public, please CONTACT us.